Come join us! We are a fast growing and well-funded U.S. based startup in Seattle, Washington with teams in Vancouver, Canada and San Francisco and a growing office in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Founded by industry veterans from EA, LucasArts, and EpicGames, who built the online backends for well-known titles and platforms such as EA Origin, FIFA, StarWars.com, UnrealEngine, Fortnite, Paragon and UnrealTournament. Our company develops technology for the major well known online game studios and publishers across the USA, Europe, and the world.
We are game industry veterans with years of experience building and operating live systems and tools. As a rapidly growing startup with teams around the world, we craft technology solutions to serve game studios who are making the next generation of games.
We are looking for a Lead Backend Engineer to join our team to build and grow our exciting new offering, AccelByte Blackbox. Blackbox is designed to be an essential toolbox for any serious game developer. It provides a 360 view on the game by combining crash reporting, performance analytics, build quality and binary distribution into one toolbox. With Blackbox, developers and publishers can get visibility into the health and quality of the game like no other. Blackbox is in alpha stage, and used by some of the best AAA studios in the world. Blackbox is also an Epic MegaGrants winner.
We believe that the best companies are ones where employees are empowered to make decisions, obsess about what’s best for users, and are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. Our culture is based on humility, openness to feedback and collaboration.
As a Backend End Lead Engineer in BlackBox, You will:
- Lead and own the architectural process and design for Blackbox Backend Services and Processors.
- Manage a team of backend developers, located globally, to design, build and maintain backend features for BlackBox solutions.
- Know what a good backend solution looks like - scalable, high availability, and performant
- Versatile in tackling defensive coding at the microservice level, as well as digging in deep to slow queries.
- Care deeply about your team members, and are passionate for growing them into awesome engineers. Previous experience as team lead is a major plus.
- Take code reviews seriously as a great opportunity to provide learning opportunities for your team.
- Be a hands-on leader, and contribute to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including design, development, documentation, testing and operations.
- Be an awesome team player, and creates a positive work environment for everyone.
- 3+ years in writing Golang.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Prior experience developing microservices in the cloud using Go
- Forward-thinking and up to date on current and emerging architecture patterns
- Able to work with clients under tight deadlines, on distributed teams with fluid requirements
- Ability to write scalable Go code adhering to the best practices
- Solid security best practices
- Strong computer science and engineering background
- Ability to use load testing tools such as Gatling
- Experience with SQL or NoSQL database, as well as designing performant and scalable queries
- Experience leading a team from multi nationalities.
- Experience working with microservices architecture.
- Knowledge about Linux Operating System
- Experience in designing and deploying services in AWS, Google Cloud, or Azure for millions of users
Nice to Haves
- Knowledge about Java
- AAA game studio experience
- Have experience in optimizing database queries
- Have experience in database sharding