Come join us! We are a fast growing and well-funded U.S. based startup in Seattle, Washington with teams in Vancouver, Canada and San Francisco and a growing office in Yogyakarta, Indonesia. Founded by industry veterans from EA, LucasArts, and EpicGames, who built the online backends for well-known titles and platforms such as EA Origin, FIFA, StarWars.com, UnrealEngine, Fortnite, Paragon and UnrealTournament. Our company develops technology for the major well known online game studios and publishers across the USA, Europe, and the world.
We are game industry veterans with years of experience building and operating live systems. As a rapidly growing startup with teams around the world, we craft technology solutions to serve game studios who are making the next generation of games.
We believe that the best companies are ones where employees are empowered to make decisions, obsess about what’s best for users, and are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. Our engineering culture is based on humility, openness to feedback and collaboration which we feel results in the best performing engineering teams and the most beneficial to everyone's growth.
AccelByte is building a 24x7 operations team for AAA multiplayer video games. In this position, we need a Sr. Cloud Engineer who can actively participate in the day-to-day combat by maintaining high reliability of our service and controlling the total cloud infrastructure cost.
Your responsibility will include but not limited to:
- Deeply understand AccelByte’s platform, system architecture and integration components
- Deeply understand AccelByte’s current infrastructure principles and knowledge
- Be proactive about production uptime, stability, resiliency, utilization and cost efficiency
- Develop and maintain technical relationships with our core Cloud Service Providers (AWS)
- Champion and advocate for AccelByte and our clients’ requirements to AWS and other cloud vendors
- Work with product managers for cloud cost technical support inquiries from clients
- Make weekly infrastructure recommendations based on the utilization and new offerings from cloud vendors to fit our platform architecture
- Generate and deliver monthly cloud cost report to our clients
- Provide cloud cost observability into applications and infrastructure through metrics, logging, and monitoring to ensure platform uptime, utilization and cost efficiency
- Participate in cloud capacity planning, platform load testing and advises the best practices to solve current challenges with cost efficiency
- Monitor cloud cost anomaly and solve it in a timely manner
- Create tools for automating cost monitoring, alerting and reporting
- Create process and documentation around Cloud Service Provider offerings detailing use cases, best practices, and implementation details with cost efficiency
- 5+ years Cloud Engineering or DevOps experience with AWS, 2+ years Kubernetes, Certification in AWS preferred
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Deep knowledge of cloud service providers and best practices around implementation and configuration, preferably managing AWS and Kubernetes
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem
- Experience in delivering products against a plan in a fast-paced, multi-disciplined, and often ambiguous environment
- Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects
- Demonstrated deep knowledge of technical program management and engineering best practices
- Innovative-thinking balanced with a strong customer and quality and cost efficiency focus
- Comfort and experience with cross-organizational communication; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Comfortable programming in languages such as Golang, Python, Bash etc.
- Keen problem solving skills with the ability to work under pressure (during a production event)
Nice to have:
- Good understanding of SecDevOps, cloud, microservices, containers (ie., Azure, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform or equivalent).
- Familiar with web services patterns/architectures, e.g. REST, SOAP, etc.
- Knowledge with common infrastructure tools such as RabbitMQ, Redis, RDBMS, NoSQL, Kafka, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Experience working with auto-scaling workloads both in containers and on VMs
- Experience with other cloud technologies and infrastructure: GCP, Azure
- Experience with Confluence, Jira and BitBucket
- Experience working in the game industry
AccelByte Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, all qualified candidates applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability. Our culture is of innovation, inclusive, and we value our people the highest.
Please visit our career page for a complete listing of our open positions: