Come join us! We are a fast-growing and well-funded U.S.-based startup in Seattle, Washington with teams in Vancouver, Canada, Suzhou, and a growing office in Yogyakarta in Indonesia. Founded by industry veterans from EA, LucasArts, and EpicGames, who built the online backends for well-known titles and platforms such as EA Origin, FIFA, StarWars.com, UnrealEngine, Fortnite, Paragon, and UnrealTournament. Our company develops technology for the major well-known online game studios and publishers across the USA, Europe, and the world.
We are game industry veterans with years of experience building and operating live systems. As a rapidly growing startup with teams around the world, we craft technology solutions to serve game studios that are making the next generation of games.
We believe that the best companies are ones where employees are empowered to make decisions, obsess about what’s best for users, and are not afraid to make mistakes and learn from them. Our engineering culture is based on humility, openness to feedback, and collaboration which we feel results in the best performing engineering teams and the most beneficial to everyone's growth.
AccelByte is building a 24x7 operations team for AAA multiplayer video games. In this position, we need a Sr. IT Security Consultant who can actively participate in the day-to-day combat by maintaining high reliability of our service and controlling the total cloud infrastructure cost.
Your responsibility will include but not limited to:
- Deeply understand AccelByte’s platform, system architecture and integration components
- Deeply understand AccelByte’s current infrastructure principles and knowledge
- Lead the Security Compliance Program at AccelByte, achieve and maintain compliance in successful audits, certifications, and compliance reports
- Conduct information security gaps and risk assessments: ISO 2700x, PCI DSS, SOC2, GPDR
- Write technical procedures, policies, and standards according to the requirements
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of security threats, industry trends, countermeasures, security tools, processes, and technologies
- Work with other teams to ensure the design and implementation of security architecture and technologies for optimal threat prevention, data protection, monitoring and incident response to meet the compliance requirements
- Oversees information security risk assessments and compliance audits; directing the development and operational effectiveness of IT security controls.
- Review information security risk findings and non-compliance with business leaders and propose solutions to mitigate risks.
- Provide mentorship to less experienced team members
- Other IT Security duties as required
- 5+ years information security experience and 3+ year with cloud security
- Two of the following security certifications
- Certified Information Systems Security Professionals® (CISSP®) - preferred;
- Certified Information Systems Auditor® (CISA®);
- Certified Information Security Manager® (CISM®);
- Certified Internal Auditor® (CIA®);
- Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control (CRISC)
- Certified ISO 27001, Lead Auditor, Internal Auditor - preferred
- A bachelor's degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Previous experience with managing compliance risks, including analyzing regulatory change and conducting risk assessments for SOC 2, ISO 27001/2, PCI DSS, GPDR
- Expertise with data protection concepts and experience establishing data protection practices.
- Demonstrated expertise in creating and managing audit workflows across multiple teams
- Working experience with AWS and Kubernetes
- Good knowledge of cloud network security architecture including hardening of server and network devices,
- Familiarity with infrastructure management and operations lifecycle concepts and ecosystem, deep understanding of IaC and GitOps
- Experience working independently to design, plan, and execute technical projects
- Good communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills
Nice to Have
- Previous experience working in the game industry and/or cloud infrastructure
- Experience or knowledge of IaC, GitOps DevSecOps
- Familiar with web services patterns/architectures, e.g. REST, SOAP, etc.
- Experience with other cloud technologies and infrastructure: GCP, Azure
- Experience with Confluence, Jira and BitBucket
AccelByte Inc is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, all qualified candidates applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, age, or disability. Our culture is innovative, inclusive, and we value our people highest.
Please visit our career page for a complete listing of our open positions: